making my way in the opera world one step at a time... new and archival blog entries since 2005

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The weekend begins...

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Concert tonight in Wabash, IN at the Honeywell House. I am a little confused about the venue. Not sure if it is a concert hall or just some house. I guess I should find out soon enough. Doesn't really matter so much I guess. Either way the good people in Wabash (Richard Ford first and foremost) always wine us and dine us beyond belief. (I guess my diet is not going to be in effect tonight.) These are the folks who serve breakfast with real silver ware from Tiffany and Co. Always plenty of rich foods and interesting conversation. Last time we were up there I was told by a 45 yr old guy that everyone should go skinny dipping at least once even if it is by yourself. Little forward for a dinner party if you ask me, but there were thankfully plenty of other people around to allow me to divert attention. Anyhow... no shows tomorrow, just rehearsal. My favorite kind of day. Then to Bloomington for a lesson on Saturday. We just have one month left of this tour! I think we are down to 20 more kiddie performances. The count down has definitely begun. Not that I don't enjoy it, because I do. But I would be lying if I said that I don't look forward to the day when I can earn a living performing primarily for adults.

7:55 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment