making my way in the opera world one step at a time... new and archival blog entries since 2005

Thursday, April 23, 2009

My first Episcopal service

Sunday, April 09, 2006

So today I experienced my first Episcopal church service. Not only were all the songs and chants and even notation completely new, but it was palm sunday. That means we were walking into the church from the street in a procession trying to balance the hymnal and palm leaf and choir folder, trying not to trip on the robe that was just slightly long enough that I was worried and trying to squint the sun out of my eyes. I think I did pretty well for my first time, though. I wish I could have focused more on the meaning than the means, but maybe next time will be easier. Not exactly what I grew up with in the church of Christ. This was actually only my second "High Church" experience, the other being a Presbyterian. I might have to sing at more churches- different denominations. I think it would be good for me to see all the different ways that churches do things. Having been brought up in one church my entire life, it is good for me to see how/ what others experience worshiping the same God.
9:40 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment