making my way in the opera world one step at a time... new and archival blog entries since 2005

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Injury

Sunday, June 25, 2006
Current mood: disappointed

Wednesday in Music Man rehearsal we were choreographing the library scene. That's right, Marion the Librarian. Near the end of the rehearsal we were trying out a simple lift. The girl leans sideways and the boy picks her up around the waist and legs so she is horizontal and facing the audience reading a book. They cross the stage. Sounds easy enough, but when my partner set me down, one of my ribs on my right side was not very happy. I thought that it was just temporary pain, and it would subside after an hour or so. Not so much. So Friday I finally decided to ice and wrap it. Now today, Sunday, it is still as sore as it was Wednesday. Pain when I breathe in, when I cough, when I laugh, when I stretch, when I jump, when I try to sit up, etc. I don't know what I did. I am not all that upset about pain. I am a sturdy girl. It is the fact that the pain is there that indicates to me that I should be concerned. I have requested a dr. appointment finally, so the company manager should be calling me in the morning to let me know when I can be seen. I have been resting the last couple days, trying not to aggravate it. Frustrating because I have been working out like a champion and have goals! Luckily I met my jogging goal for the month of June already, but still. It is no fun to be immobilized. I am pretty sure I just bruised a rib, but my colleages all are harrassing me to get it checked out by an actual medical professional. Updates will follow when I know more
12:18 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment