making my way in the opera world one step at a time... new and archival blog entries since 2005

Thursday, April 23, 2009

***Good Weekend!***

Sunday, October 14, 2007

This weekend has been incredible.

First, I did my first real singing competition. The San Diego district Met auditions were on Saturday. I was pretty nervous. I had to be talked into doing them in the first place by my colleagues and directors, but it wasn't so bad! The audition itself went fine in spite of the jitters. I got some really great feedback from the judges, and lots of encouragement. And the best part is I advanced to the regional level. So I guess I will be in LA in two weeks for the next round. I'm glad I didn't chicken out!

Second, I took my first big trip to the La Jolla Shores beach! So much fun!!! Went with some friends and watched them surf. Played in the sand, caught some rays, all of that fun stuff. It was beautiful!

And third, I was given last minute tickets and a parking pass to see the Chargers beat the Raiders. We had great seats. My first live NFL experience. It was just incredible! I posted a couple cell phone pictures.

I think I am getting a tan. In October.

I love San Diego. San Diego is good.

6:14 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment