making my way in the opera world one step at a time... new and archival blog entries since 2005

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Crystal is once again working

Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Current mood: hopeful

So for those of you who I haven't talked to in the last couple of weeks here is the update on the job situation. I am finally employed! I am not really working very many hours, but I am not complaining really. I have 2 little part time jobs, and would be happy to add another but no luck with that so far. So what am I doing??? Well...

1. Singer at Macaroni Grill. I go in a couple nights a week, usually Thursday and Friday during dinner. I switch off with a tenor guy named Ray. I don't have to wait tables or hostess or anything, I just sing. I am learning some new repertoire like O mio babbino caro and Quando men vo and O sole mio. It is somewhat fun. My schedule is flexible so I can't complain. Nothing like singing in a restaurant.

2. Admin Assistant for Crownridge Music Academy. They want me to work a couple days a week, primarily for one of the directors of the acadamy who needs someone to do the office stuff so she can focus on the music. I am able to work some from home and can leave and come back for auditions and gigs. I may be able to teach there at some point in the future if I decide that I want to commit to teaching. I get to plan things and organize things and work with musicians. How perfect!

Between the two jobs I am only working somewhere between 15-20 hrs a week. I would prefer to be doing more, but on the other hand I have plenty of time to learn rep and work on getting my audition stuff together. I can also leave for a week or two here or there and no one will mind! That is impossible with some jobs so I am thankful.
8:27 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment