making my way in the opera world one step at a time... new and archival blog entries since 2005

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Volleyball

The weather here is incredible. Today the high was 70 and the low was 50. The mountains are just unbelievably gorgeous. Life in Logan is fantastic. I have been so allured by nature that I have actually been spending my free time outdoors. Yesterday I went with three of the roommates to play frisbee and volleyball. I had so much fun! Especially on the sand court. And I have bruises to prove it! Hey- no pain no gain, right? Turns out I am not half bad at it, so I am hoping to continue hitting the court in my free time. The sun rises at about 5:30 am and doesn’t set until 9:30 pm!Plenty of daylight hours. I love it here.
Today we had our first dance rehearsal for Kismet. It is going to be a fun show I have decided. Amazingly, almost all of the men in the ensemble (in the entire program for that matter) are tall strapping things. Some of them can even move, which makes choreography sessions actually fun.So I have decided that being in the ensemble isn’t that bad. The rehearsals aren’t too intense yet. The atmosphere of the company is completely positive. People are really nice. I have the best apartment with the best roommates. I have plenty of time to learn new music and relax. Life is good.
This entry was posted on Thursday, June 2nd, 2005 at 4:21 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment