making my way in the opera world one step at a time... new and archival blog entries since 2005

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Summer Fab

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Hi friends!

The summer is slipping through our fingers already! 5 more weeks and I am driving off into the sunset again. Life is good though here in SA. First, I am housesitting which is fun. I can still visit my family and my dogs as much as I want but I have my own space and am in a GREAT part of town. I would love to live in Alamo Heights/ Terrell Hills some day. It is like a little town in the middle of a big city. Everything you need is really in walking distance. And I am just a couple blocks away from the HEB Central Market. This alone has completely changed my life.

Work has been good. Telephone Banking is great because I get to sit in a very comfy chair all day and change the world one phone call at a time. I have my little friends and my little routine, and it's the perfect little temp assignment for me. Couldn't be happier with a summer job. As much coffee, tea, and cocoa as my little heart desires, and I am around "normal" "non-artist" people. Wow, the world looks different in a cubicle. At least our walls are see through plexi-glass. It's more like a fish-bowl than a cell. This is the life. Well, the other life anyway.

So I am off on Sundays and Tuesdays and just hanging out in the mornings since I work a later schedule. Plenty of time to, say, learn music if I wanted to. Funny thing is, I have only learned music that I don't really have to learn. I am going to have to focus the next few weeks and do my real homework.

Because I want to be like Kimberly, here are 5 things that make me happy:

1. So much rain that I haven't had to water the lawn all summer
2. Rediscovering my home town
3. Dunn Bros Coffee (just opened in the new shopping center at the entrance to my parents subdivision... they roast their own beans in the store!)
4. Clean dogs
5. Baking Peanut Butter Cookies (and eating the dough)

10:10 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment