making my way in the opera world one step at a time... new and archival blog entries since 2005

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The end is near…

Facts and figures! Here we go…

I have just counted up all the performances we have had since January (please note that we toured for 6 wks in the fall as well, and those performances were not included in the tallies below.) The numbers are surprising! Well, not really surprising to me, but if I weren’t me and I were seeing them, I would be surprised. But believe me, I know the number of kiddie shows we have left. The countdown is definitely on. So here they are:

We have given 79 performances of Figatroll since Jan. and have 13 left to go.We have given 35 other concerts since Jan. and have 6 left to go.So over the past 14 weeks, we have given a total of 114 performances, and with 2 weeks to go we have a total of 19 left.We have had 17 days off over 14 weeks, and have 1 day off left in the next 2 weeks.

For those of you who don’t know my plans, in three short weeks, I will be moving away from Indiana indefinitely. I am heading home to San Antonio for a couple of weeks, and then flying out to Utah to spend my second summer with the Utah Festival Opera. Then back home for a couple months and before you know it audition season will be upon us again. Then I am going to be heading to Nashvegas, TN (aka Nashville) to start off ‘07.

I hear that Nashville Opera is planning to rent a children’s show from Indy Opera for next years YAP tour. PLEASE LORD let it NOT be Figatroll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 16th, 2006 at 11:49 am

No comments:

Post a Comment