making my way in the opera world one step at a time... new and archival blog entries since 2005

Thursday, April 23, 2009

TURANDOT

Friday, April 28, 2006
Current mood: jubilant
What a way to wrap up the season with Indy Opera! I volunteered to be in the chorus for Turandot. This means that I have onstage tickets to see some truly amazing performers! I am really looking forward to the performances; it should be pretty spectacular. There are SO many people onstage that it is almost bewildering. Going into Turandot production week means something else pretty profound: NO MORE FIGATROLL!!!! YIPPEE!!! No more horns, no more tail, no more hooves. How liberating. Our last show today was outstanding. Monumental really. I can't say I will miss the grind of 2 shows a day in those outfits, but I sure will miss um... well... I am sure I will miss... er... well... I guess I will miss our um... Oh, I know... our educational van conversations. And my colleagues of course.Onward ho!
7:49 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment