making my way in the opera world one step at a time... new and archival blog entries since 2005

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Getting fit

Thursday, May 18, 2006
Current mood: determined

Okay friends, I have exactly 12 days to memorize the rest of the music for the summer shows. I also have exacly 12 days to get fit. Or to get as fit as possible in 12 days. I am very intent on making this a reality because I do NOT want to be huffing and puffing my first week in Utah. The elevation change is significant enough that it does take some adjusting, and actually it is normal to lose a note or two off the top of your range for the first week to two weeks. I want to be on top of my game. So I have started running (it is really more of a trot if I am honest, haha...) I tried to do this *running* thing periodically while I was in Indy, but from here on out it is going to be a daily thing. I have GOT to increase my cardio endurance. In order to feel like running, I have had to change to a very healthy diet. As much as I have missed Barbeque and Mexican food, they are just going to have to wait.

So if I order a glass of water to drink and turn down deserts, don't be offended. It is not you. It is part of the plan of action!
5:32 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment