making my way in the opera world one step at a time... new and archival blog entries since 2005

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Figatroll and the Three Billy Goats Gruff

Alright, kids. I am embarking on my very first educational outreach opera experience. I will be playing the role of, that’s right, Silly Billy. So there is good news and bad news. The good news is that I got to pick out my own pants for the costume. They are from The Express and are definitely going to make me a little happier over the upcoming weeks of the tour. The bad news is that I am a goat. Haha…. Complete with hooves, a tail, horns, and goat ears as well. Yes, friends, at times we must suffer for our art. No, in all seriousness I am very thankful to have a job and to be doing something fun and always exciting. Inspiring young and old to find their inner goat. Errr… inner good. That’s what I said.
Good times. Family fun. Always an adventure to find the greener pasture. No, really. The grass is definitely greener on the other side of the bridge. That’s one of my lines.
This entry was posted on Thursday, October 6th, 2005 at 8:25 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment