making my way in the opera world one step at a time... new and archival blog entries since 2005

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Don't worry!

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Now that I am starting to formulate possible plans for next year, I am a little worried. I can't explain why since I know that the Lord has provided for me every step of the way. Lots of possibilities but none that I am thrilled with. Maybe there is something in my future that I don't know is coming that will make the puzzle fit together masterfully. or maybe not. This living gig to gig and never really knowing if I will be able to make ends meet is exhausting. I presume that it will only get worse when I get more advanced in the business and the jobs are much shorter. Maybe I should try to win some competitions. Maybe I need to focus on getting concert gigs for the fall, but I don't really even know how get in to that market. I need a new recording. Concert gigs or not I will need a new recording for next year's audition season. My last recording was from my 2nd year of grad school and doesn't come close to representing what I sound like now. Maybe I should stay in Indiana and use my resources here. Texas isn't appreciative enough of local talent yet. I wonder if I will ever have success in my home state...

Days off are great for daydreaming about the future and making plans.

7:26 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment