making my way in the opera world one step at a time... new and archival blog entries since 2005

Thursday, April 23, 2009

One week down

One week down, and I am having the most amazing summer already. I thought that YAPs would be a lot of work, and so far I have just had a lot of fun. Well part of that is because work is fun. And part is because preparation makes life so much better. I almost feel guilty for having this much free time, but not quite. They don’t pay me quite enough to feel guilty.
Our Turandot concept is very dark and there are skulls everywhere and an underworld with writhing souls, of which I am one of course. It is going to look amazing. Stark black and white with blood red cast here and there. The opening chorus is already coming along really well and we sound loud. It should be exciting once we get to performances. The director is asking for passionate energy from the ensemble which I am thrilled about. Not too much park and bark yet.
Well I believe that it is time to get cleaned up. Who knew basketball could get my heart going so fast. I need to seriously get in shape!
This entry was posted on Saturday, June 4th, 2005 at 6:42 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment