making my way in the opera world one step at a time... new and archival blog entries since 2005

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Argentina, pianists, and mate

During my time in Abilene, Texas, I worked with a couple of different pianists from South America. My most favoritely wonderful pianist named Marcos Darbyshire is from and now lives in Argentina. While hanging out with him and the other South Americans, I was introduced to the fabulous beverage known as mate ['ma te]. I have recently discovered that Sahara Mart here in Bloomington carries it! I am very excited to be transported momentarily back to the good ol’ days of passing around the mate in Abilene and I am happily rekindling my excitement over this beautiful beverage. It has many fabulous benefits besides just the caffeine. Learn more here:
http://www.rain-tree.com/yerbamate.htm
or
http://platense.dyn.dhs.org/personal/argentina/mate_desc.htm
Marcos, I miss you too much! I hope you come back to "America" someday and we can go to the opera together or rent movies or play in the snow again. Or play through Schubert lieder. And laugh at old jokes. Or just laugh because it is fun to laugh. I love you always!
This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 12th, 2005 at 5:38 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment