making my way in the opera world one step at a time... new and archival blog entries since 2005

Thursday, April 23, 2009

First impressions of Utah

I arrived in Salt Lake City yesterday and was met at the baggage claim by a volunteer for UFOC. We made the hour and a half journey up to Logan, and dropped of my bags at my apartment. The apartment has six bedrooms, with a common living area and kitchen. It is on the second floor, and I was happy to find that I have free wireless! And no roommates yet, they will be here tomorrow. I haven’t had roommates in years. And I haven’t lived with mixed gendered roommates since I left home. Real World Logan. So I got groceries and ice cream, and I should be set for a couple days. We start rehearsing on Tuesday, so until then I am memorizing and pondering life.
Observation #1: I have never seen so many blonde people in one place! I thought I would see more red hair. Maybe I wil in the days to come, but I learned that there were many Scandinavian settlers here.
Observation #2: There is seemingly no crime in Mormonland.
Observation #3: 8 kids from 2 parents is apparently normal. This isn’t China, folks.
Okay, back to studying text. Turandot chorus. Yay.
This entry was posted on Sunday, May 29th, 2005 at 2:05 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment