making my way in the opera world one step at a time... new and archival blog entries since 2005

Thursday, April 23, 2009

A change will do you good

It seems as though all of the world is spinning around, but standing here in this moment I am still.
One more week. Next week everything will be different. I know I should focus on my work. Or at least focus. My mind wanders. My heart desires what it was created to desire. My adventure. My prince.
My room is half empty, my bags are half packed, and my music is half learned. My heart is half whole.
My little girl heart, twirling around in this skirt, wants to be noticed. She asks, "Am I lovely?" and and spins around until she is dizzy. She stops and looks around. Did he notice?
I notice that all of the world is spinning around.
This entry was posted on Saturday, May 21st, 2005 at 5:31 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment