making my way in the opera world one step at a time... new and archival blog entries since 2005

Friday, May 1, 2009

Audition today

I have an audition today at Copely Symphony Hall for the San Diego Symphony Orch Pops Series. They are hearing ballad/musical theater type things today, and then in a couple weeks will be hearing the classical things. I have never done an audition in a skirt before... I wish I had time to get a new dress, but the dress I wore to the Meet the Stars dinner last weekend will have to do. The audition will be for Marvin Hamlisch, Matthew Garbutt, and Philip Mann, and I have one musical theater ballad in my audition binder, so I will sing Till There Was You. I have a lot of other pieces in my "music to learn" stack, but have needed MT so rarely the last couple of years that one piece has been enough.

I think my breakfast date is here.... I am off to get bagels w/ Kristin!

No comments:

Post a Comment